With Fyle, Employees can record the cost center an expense belongs to. It is quite likely, though, that most of their expenses would be allocated to a specific cost center (e.g. department they belong to). As an admin, you can configure the default cost center of employees. With this functionality, the cost center is auto-filled for the user while creating an expense and they can change it for specific expenses (e.g. Engineer goes on a Sales call).
This is useful for the following reasons
- The user does not have to select the cost center for every new expense being fyled
- It eliminates selection of incorrect cost centers and thereby reducing time involved in rectifying the error.
To map default cost center:
- Ensure cost center setting is enabled, else enable and add cost centers to your fyle account.
- Go to Users page
- If its a new user: Click on +New Employee. For an existing user, click on the employee name from the list users
- In the user information form, select the default cost center of the user and click SAVE
6. When the corresponding user creates a new expense, the default cost center is now pre-filled.
7. As an admin, you can edit the cost center information when required.
During Bulk Add/Update users, you can update the cost centre in the specified template as shown below:
The cost centre specified in the column will be assigned as the default cost centre for the particular employee.