When users fill out each and every key expense field like Project, and Category, administrators and approvers alike get more visibility into the spend-trend of the organisation. Plus, they also save the time they would otherwise spend requesting for this information were it missing.
When such fields are not set up as mandatory, it only leads to added work for approvers as they then have to manually ensure that key data like category project, etc. is entered and tracked properly in the system.
As a preventive measure for this hassle, Fyle lets you set expense fields applicable to your organisation as mandatory, hence ensuring that all required data is collated automatically and correctly in the system.
To set Category and Project expense fields as mandatory:
- Login to your Fyle account and switch to the Company mode.
- Click on the arrow icon on the top right corner of the page and select 'Settings'.
- Click on 'Expense Fields'.
- Click on the 'Mandatory' sub-tab.
- Check the boxes next to the options you want to make mandatory for your organisation.
- Click on Save.
There's also a way to mark other expense fields as mandatory; it's available under Field Configurations'.
To set other expense fields as mandatory:
- Follow steps 1 through 3 as mentioned above.
- Click on the 'Field Configuration' sub-tab.
- Click on the field name that you would like to set as mandatory.
- In the pop-up that appears; you will see a check-box titled 'Mandatory'; check that box.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the pop-up.
In case you're wondering what more you can do with 'Field Configurations' - and there's a lot that you can - please free to read up in detail about it here.
As for custom expense fields, they can be set as mandatory as well; should you want to learn how, please free to read more about it here.