CUSTOM EXPENSE FIELDS:
When you want to add information to expenses that is specific to your organisation or a specific metric you would like to track, you can do so by creating custom fields.
As the name suggests, you can customise the expense form by creating new expense fields in addition to the set of default fields available.
For example, if you are fyling a team dinner expense and you are required to add the number of participants in the expense, you can add a custom field to enter the number of participants.
To add a custom field:
- Click on the arrow next to the name on the top right corner of the web page
- Click on 'Settings'
- Click on 'EXPENSE FIELDS'
- Click on 'CUSTOM'
- Click 'ADD CUSTOM FIELD'
- Enter the name of the field.
- Choose the field type. Custom fields can be a number field, text, date, location, multi-select, yes/no or a drop down.
- Now select the list of expense categories to which the custom field will be added
- You also have the option of making custom fields mandatory
- Hit 'SAVE', and start fyling!
The new custom expense field is saved now and will show up by default. This field needs to be filled mandatorily before an expense can be saved.