The Team Expenses page shows you all expenses created by the employees that are a part of your team. You can view the expense details, filter the expenses and export them from this page.
To navigate to the Team Expenses, on the left-hand side panel click on the Teams drop-down menu and select Expenses.
Expenses and Amount
On top of the list of expenses on the left-hand side, under Expenses, you can see the total number of expenses in the list. Under Amount, is the sum of all the expenses present in the list.
Beside the Expenses and Amount, on top of the list of expenses, there is a Search bar. You can type in various expense details such as expense ID, Employee name, Amount, etc to search for a particular expense.
In the list of expenses, certain details are visible by default for each expense. These include Created On (the date the expense was created), Date of Spend (the date the transaction was made), Employee (employee name), Amount (total amount of the expense), State (the current state of the expense) and, Purpose (the purpose of the spend).
You can customize which details you wish to see on the list by clicking on the Manage Columns button on the right-hand side above the expenses list.
In the customize your view box that opens up, you can select various expense details you wish to see in the Team Expenses view using the checkboxes. You can drag and drop the order of the details as per your preference.
The details you can choose from include:
• Expense ID: The unique ID of each expense
• Created on: The date on which the expense was created
• Updated on: The date on which the expense was last updated
• Date of spend: The date on which the spend was made
• Employee: The name of the employee
• Currency: The currency of the expense
• Amount: The total amount of the expense
• Exchange amount: The exchange rate of the expense
• Split Amount: The amount that has been split in the expense
• State: The current state of the expense (approved, incomplete, paid, etc)
• Purpose: The purpose of the spend (food, travel, stay, etc)
• Details: Details of the uploaded receipt (expense type, name of merchant, etc)
• Merchant: The name of the merchant the expense was made to
• Employee department: The department the employee works in
• Project: The project that the expense is associated with (option available only if your organization has enabled the Projects feature)
• Billable: If the expense is billable to the project (option available only if your organization has enabled the Projects feature)
• Tax details: The tax details of the expense (option available only if your organization has enabled the Tax feature)
Select your preference and click on Done to save the changes.
To filter the expenses click on the Filters button on the top right-hand side of the screen.
In the Add Filters box that opens up, select the filters you want to apply.
You can add multiple filters simultaneously by clicking on the Add Filters button.
Once the filters have been selected, click on the Apply Filters button.
You can save the applied filter by clicking on the Save this Filter button beside the filter.
In the Save Filter box that opens up, enter a name for the filter and click on Save Filter.
Saved filters can be viewed by clicking on the arrow beside the Filters button in the drop-down menu. Click on the required saved filter to apply it.
To remove applied filters, click on the Clear All button beside the filters.
To export the expenses, select them using the checkboxes and click on the Export button on the main top bar above the list of expenses.
In the Export box that opens up, select the format of the export from Excel or CSV options. Click on Next to proceed.
Select the expense details to be captured in the export file using the checkboxes and click on Export to finish.
The export file will be sent to your official email ID within a few minutes.
In case you are unable to locate the file in your Inbox, kindly check your Junk/Spam folder as the email may have been relocated there.
This covers the features available on the Team Expenses page.
To learn more about how to approve expense reports, click here.