The Fyle-Sage Intacct Integration allows the set up of an automatic schedule that periodically exports expenses from the payments section of Fyle to Sage Intacct without any manual intervention.
Automatic export saves time and effort for you from manually exporting expenses on a timely basis.
However, the Integration should notify the admins proactively when the automation fails to export expenses due to an error on the Sage Intacct or in the case of an integration issue.
The notification helps you promptly fix the errors, export expenses, and close books on time.
Shared below are the steps to enable notifications within the integration to receive alerts when export fails.
How to enable email notification?
1. Log in to your Fyle- Sage Intacct integration using your Fyle Admin credentials.
2. If this is your first time accessing the Integration, kindly follow the steps here to complete the onboarding and enable automatic export of expenses.
3. If you have been using the Fyle-Sage Intacct Integration for a while and have automated the export of expenses, you can now enable notifications to receive proactive alerts under Automated Import/Export > Select an email address to notify upon export failure.
4. By default, the list of email addresses of all the admins from Fyle would be available; you can choose the email addresses that should receive a notification upon export failure and save.
5. You can add a new email address if you wish to notify a different email address other than the admin. This address will be automatically selected to receive a notification upon export failure.
How and when do I receive the notification?
Once the required email addresses are selected to be notified, the Integration sends an instant email alert if the auto-schedule fails to export expenses from Fyle to Sage Intacct. So, for example, if you have set up the auto-schedule to export expenses from Fyle on an hourly basis and say the first schedule started at 10 AM and failed to export 2 expense groups because of a missing category, then the selected email addresses will be instantly notified.
However, the admin will not be notified when the schedule re-runs the next hour at 11 AM, and the same set of expenses fails because of the same error.
The Integration next notifies the admin only when a new expense group fails to export. So for example, say at 4 PM, there was another attempt to export expenses from Fyle to Sage Intacct, this time it had 3 expense reports ( 1 newly approved in Fyle and 2 previously failed expenses), and now say all the 3 fail because of missing category mapping then the admin will now be notified that 3 expense groups have failed to export.
The email notification contains details such as the date and time of the export, the number of expense groups that have failed to export, and a link to launch into the failed expenses section within the Integration as shown below :
Frequently asked questions
1. Is there a limit on the number of email addresses notified upon export failure?
You can notify as many addresses as you want. Currently, there is no limit on the emails that can be notified.
2. Is there a way for me to control the frequency of receiving the notification?
In the current version, the selected email addresses are notified instantly upon export failure. There is no option to delay or control the frequency at which you could receive the notification.
3, Can I be reminded when the errors are not fixed?
The current version helps with instant alerts to help admins fix the issue proactively; however, we will be looking to add reminders that the admin can control in future iterations. If you have any such use-cases, please drop us a note at [email protected].
4. Can the list of failed expenses be shared in the email?
The current email notification shares details on the number of expense groups that have failed to export to Sage Intacct but does not share the list of expenses; however, you would have a direct link to launch into the integrations error section, and once in, you can click on the failed expense group to understand the error and fix the same.
If you need assistance setting this up, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].